The image on the screen gets garbled when the laptop moved. To get the image back to normal you have to restart the laptop.
The image on the external monitor gets garbled too when the laptop moved.
1. Bad connection between laptop video card and motherboard.
2. Bad video card.
3. Bad connection between laptop memory and motherboard.
Possible troubleshooting steps and repair solution:
When the video fails the same way on both the internal and external monitors, most likely the problem is related to the laptop video card.
1. If the laptop has a discrete video card, it could be a connection-related problem. Maybe the video card is not making good contact with the slot on the motherboard. Try reconnecting the video card. Apply electrical contact enhancer (I use DeoxIT® GOLD) on both the video card connector and motherboard connector. Test the laptop.
2. In most newer laptops the video card is integrated into the motherboard. In this case, the video card cannot be removed and replaced. If the video card fails, you’ll have to replace the motherboard.
3. It’s not likely but possible that this problem is related to a bad connection between the memory module and the motherboard. Try reseating memory modules.